Unity Game Programmer
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
UNITY GAME PROGRAMMER
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You’ll be focusing on developing the core functionality of Yousician, working alongside other developers, as well as designers, educators, audio scientists, and more at our cool new office in Helsinki, Finland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work in a small team, taking ownership of major parts of the product.
- Work on our flagship app, developing new features and user interfaces.
- Take part in product design meetings.
- Interact with visual artists and the music team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You know your way around Unity.
- You love to code in C#.
- You are experienced in building user interfaces using Unity UI.
- You are familiar with developing products available on multiple platforms (especially Android and iOS).
- You are experienced in working with Git and web APIs.
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
- You are interested in learning to play an instrument (or already know how to play one).
Young, ambitious hackers are very welcome. We are looking for both Junior and Senior applicants.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You'll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You'll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package - salary, stock options, crazy perks - and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating, and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works, and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Application deadline: For this position we are continuously looking for people to join us. Therefore, for this position there is no application deadline and we keep hiring candidates we find to be a great match.
- Please note that job is in Helsinki, Finland, with no option for working remotely.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!