Machine Learning Algorithm Developer for Music Content Analysis
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
MACHINE LEARNING ALGORITHM DEVELOPER FOR MUSIC CONTENT ANALYSIS
We are looking for a person with strong machine learning skills and programming skills to join our R&D team as Music Content Analysis Developer. Millions of people learn to play a musical instrument and create music with us. We have a strong commitment to R&D in order to push forward the technology that enables our services. Music analysis is a core part of that technology: extracting musical information both from complex real-world music recordings and from single-instrument performances by our users. The analysis encompasses tonal, rhythmic, expressive, and structural aspects of music. You will be working closely with the rest of the R&D team and interact with the product teams. You will be tackling hard machine learning challenges, with access to large datasets, and will have your code running on millions of devices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop machine learning algorithms for extracting musical information from real-world music recordings.
- Design and train statistical models and neural networks in Python.
- Implement the resulting algorithms in C++, using and extending our toolset for that.
- Contribute improvements to our workflow and simulation environment.
- Work in a small team, taking ownership of important parts of our technology.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have strong skills in machine learning and at least some experience with deep learning tools.
- You love programming and have strong skills in Python and C++ (or C#).
- You learn fast and get things done.
- You have some knowledge about audio signal processing.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating, and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works, and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 15.6.2017.
- Application deadline: At Yousician we continuously evaluate applications as they come in. Roles are kept open until we have found and hired a great candidate. This can sometimes take a few days, sometimes months. We encourage you to send your application once you have all the requested information and asked tasks compiled. Sending a "first version" and suggest to "update" it later, or postponing your application for too long is therefore not recommended.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech guitar, piano and ukulele learning software that gives users real-time feedback on how they play. Yousician combines the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!